Alice McCall revealed decadent, feminine designs, inspired by a Parisian high tea at the showing of her Spring Summer 2011/12 collection aided by a magic touch of the Cloud Nine Wand.
Alice McCall’s Spring Summer 2011/12 collection ‘Thé Dansant’ invites us to a Parisian high tea that spills out into a garden scented with soft music and antique blooms.
The collection refines the relaxed bohemian quality that is so much a part of the Alice McCall signature, evoking a romantic, decadent world of modern elegance inspired by the old-world sophistication of a Victorian Tea Dance.
Making exceptional use of the recently released Cloud Nine Wand, Cloud Nine Stylist Jon Pulitano embraced the design brief from Alice McCall.
“The hair and make-up work together with the garments to create the final look,” said Alice McCall. “For the show Jon is creating a relaxed loose plait with a textured wave at the front. The feel is very natural and he is using product to give a textured modern silhouette.”
Jon Pulitano for Cloud Nine
Set against floaty sun ray prints, sheer sculpted silhouettes are bordered by delicate flocking with beautiful relaxed waves cascading across contrasting white collars.
“The look for Alice McCall is all about relaxed boho with a soft, polished finish,” explained Jon Pulitano, Cloud Nine Stylist. “I used the Cloud Nine Wand through the front to create beautiful, soft waves that were brushed out for a polished and sculptural effect. The hair also featured a 70’s style long, loose plait for a bohemian edge.”
Get the look:
1. Section hair into a deep side part.
2. Prep hair by misting it with a volumising spray, and blow-drying smooth using a round brush, creating a soft texture with body.
3. Leaving out the front section of hair from the top of the head to the top of the ears, take remaining hair and create a long, loose, plait.
4. Working with the front section of hair, take large, vertical sections and using the Cloud Nine Wand on 150 degrees, create beautiful, soft movement.
5. Wrap the hair from the larger base to the middle of the wand for a more relaxed and polished feel.
6. Once all hair is curled, use a bristle brush to shape and mould waves for a beautiful, polished finish.
7. Finish by misting style with a light hold hairspray.
Click here for Styleicons|TV.