Australian salons shoot some of the world’s best collections and that’s why Hair Shots 2 The World has been so successful in getting images published worldwide for almost 11 years, but there’s more that you can do to capitalise on your hair fashion photography by integrating the images into your marketing.
But first, there’s one important thing to do before you start and that’s make sure that your photographer and model permissions cover all of the uses of the images even before you shoot. That way you won’t be up for any disappointing surprises from agents later.
Here are eight ways to ensure bounce for your buck from your collection, the biggest investment that you can make in your artistry:
- Display the images in salon – Impress your clients. This can be done in all sorts of ways: slide shows on screen, window decals, mounted posters on walls, a clippings collage above the basins, stickers on mirrors, or small display stands at work stations.
- Picture books – Have a hard cover picture book made of all your collections. Hair Shots 2 The World now specialises in making these one-off books as personal mementos or for salon use. Your team and clients will be well impressed when they see such a luxury book.
- Get published worldwide by Hair Shots 2 The World and use your success in social media campaigns. Clients love to know that their hairdresser is world class. You can really ‘wow’ them this way. Book now for 2021 global release and be ahead of the queue.
- Boost award submission content – Use your Hair Shots 2 The World international publication success in your awards submissions. Table the number of clippings and number of countries and use some of the clippings as evidence.
- Website – Once finalist announcements are made, make sure that your collection is displayed in the gallery section of your website. If you don’t have one, ask your web development to add a gallery plug in and add a “Gallery” section to the menu or navigation bar. (Plus, also make sure your Facebook or Instagram feed shows on your website. There are heaps of good reasons for doing this).
- Traditional advertising – Make sure that you use your current hair fashion collection to promote looks that can be created in your salon or the expertise of yourself or team. Use the shots in advertising, menus, brochures and even the internal procedures manual. There’s no need to use boring stock images when you have your own. Add the credits so everyone knows.
- Appointment cards – even though digital diaries are the way now, a high-quality appointment card on solid stock is more like a souvenir if it has one of your stunning images on the front. It’s likely to be kept by the client as a bookmark or fridge decoration. (Don’t laugh, this happens!)
- Video – Make a video of your images and/or shoot a “Making of” video to screen in the salon, on your website and share on social media. Current and potential clients will love to see the excitement and artistry of your photoshoot.
All in all, use the collection to keep your marketing up-to-date and be consistent with the branding style and the way the images are used. Leanne Cutler can help with a strategy in line with your brand.
Book now to secure your earliest possible release date with Hair Shots 2 The World and/or contact Leanne Cutler about how the Siren Marketing team can help your salon boost its branding.
M: 0400 790 060 or E: email@example.com.