Don’t let the name fool you, BONDI BORN took the show out of Bondi for Afterpay Australian Fashion Week (AAFW) 2021, instead going harbour side in Sydney’s Circular Quay. With hair direction by Wella and the brand’s ANZ Creative Director Renya Xydis, a hair brief of infinity buns adorned a bold, tropical collection.
“I am super excited to have partnered with BONDI BORN Founder Dale McCarthy and Creative Director Karla Clarke for another collection launch,” Renya said. “Their interpretation of contemporary Australian style is refreshing and the look we have created together aims to reflect their lifestyle that is nicely complemented by staple Wella products every girl should own. The BORN signature hair style was an Infinity knotted bun – you wouldn’t know where it started or stopped!”
The Resort 21 show was inspired by the vibrant flora and fauna of the dense tropical climates of Central America, transporting the audience across the Pacific Ocean to another region and another world with a rich colour palette of fuchsia, papaya, boysenberry, and lemon, situated perfectly against Sydney’s picturesque harbour.
The timeless and effortless hair brief added to this overall aesthetic, through the products and talents of the Wella Artistic Team backstage. The Eimi Fixing Hairsprays Mistify Me Strong and Classic Reverse Conditioner were particular hero tools.
“We are so excited to have joined forces with Renya to create something unique and sleek but also keeping in mind our contemporary aesthetic. We couldn’t think of anyone better to have helped bring this concept to life,” Dale said.
A must-see collection from Sydney’s sunniest front row.
Get the Look:
- Saturate the hair from roots to the ends with Wella SP Reverse Regenerating Hair Conditioner to help smooth, shine and restore elasticity. Then brush through with a detangle brush.
- Pull the hair back and split in two semi-diagonal sections.
- Carefully knot sections together twice for shorter hair, and three times for longer hair.
- Pierce the knot bun with a bun needle or the back of a tail-comb and thread the end of the knot through the loop, then pull through. For shorter hair, pin tail away.
- Secure the bun with French pins. For thicker hair use bobby pins, ensuring pins match the colour of the hair.
- Using a styling brush, go over the hair to brush down fly-aways to perfect the bun.
- Finish with the Eimi Mistify Me Strong to secure the effortless infinity bun.
For more information visit www.wella.com