Afterpay Australian Fashion Week (AAFW) welcomed two change making names back for 2023, with standout fashion house Yousef Akbar presenting their Resort 24 show, titled Rebirth, as styled by ghd.
The hair direction, led by Mary Alamine and the ghd style squad, created a look that consisted of small buns positioned around the entirety of each model’s head, to celebrate the fashion direction and theme of celebrating female empowerment and strength.
“The hair direction resembles birds in flight as a symbolic reference to a woman’s freedom. The hair is a bold statement, each look slightly different feeling, some more dramatic than others to showcase a woman’s strength, uniqueness, and individuality,” Mary said. “The hero tool is the ghd Duet Style to create a beautiful smooth finish to the hair. Products used to create these looks are ghd Body Goals – Total Volume Foam and ghd Perfect Ending – Final Fix Hairspray for the ultimate hold and textural finish.”
“ghd is thrilled to continue our partnership with AAFW for 2023. AAFW shares our commitment to creativity and innovation, to create flawless hair styles that inspire confidence in professional stylists and consumers. We are excited to create artistic looks that hero ghd’s new duet style 2-in-1 hot air styler, through the hands of our professional stylist team and inspired by beloved established and emerging Australian fashion brands,” added Ludovic Dellazzeri, Managing Director at ghd.
Styling a must-see Avant Garde show that takes over the runway, Yousef Akbar was already a highlight on day one of Fahsion Week. The sculptural and versatile hair look complemented voluminous shapes, evocative textures and fabrics and bright tones dripping in glitter, on both outfits and faces.
Yousef Akbar was one to watch – get the hair look below.
- STEP 1: To damp hair, apply an overly generous amount of ghd Body Goals – Total Volume Foam section by section, working from the back of the head towards the front.
- STEP 2: Using ghd Helios blow drier, dry the product in to activate volume and immense texture to the hair. For finer hair types, reapply Body Goals for more texture. Hair is then blow-dried using a ghd ceramic round brush to smooth the hair.
- STEP 3: Make three ponytails. The first ponytail begins in-front of the ears secured on the top of the head. The second ponytail sits in the middle section of the head, secure on the crown. The third ponytail is the remaining hair at the back securing highly at the back of the head. To create the ultimate snatched look, use ghd Perfect Ending – Final Fix Hairspray to smooth flyways and secure the hair in place.
- STEP 4: Using ghd Duet Style, activate shine shot mode and pass through each ponytail to create straight and sleek hair. Then wrap each ponytail around its base to form a knot, leaving the ends of the hair out and secure with hair pins.
- STEP 5: To create dramatic texture to the ends of the ponytail, generously spray each section with ghd Perfect Ending – Final Fix Hairspray and pass the ghd Duet Style in shine shot mode to create a firm feather like texture.
- STEP 6: For reflective shine apply ghd Shiny Ever After – Final Shine Spray to complete the polished finish.
For more information visit www.ghahirpro.com.au
Catch up with INSTYLE and Styleicons!