Verner presented a collection titled Lost Resort, with hair styling by O&M and John Pulitano evoking this seasonal aesthetic, as inspired by Australia’s austere weather conditions futuristic interpretations of Resort-wear.
“The hair is a reflection of the collection, it’s sinister, and endures all seasons, whether that be rainy and windswept or dry from the harsh sun,” John said. “The brief was inspired by nature and the outdoors, morning into light, sunshine into rain – some of the girls have more of a wet texture but the whole look is more about the wet, lived-in texture that still needs to be beautiful.”
John created a cocktail of products to achieve two looks, starting with Atonic for more starch and grit and then fusing Frizzy Logic and Style Guru as hero tools to apply at focal points through the hair.
“Look one is dewy and glossy. We mixed together Frizzy Logic and Style Guru to get that futuristic feel. The Frizzy Logic gives us that beautiful rained on look, we lifted the hair at the roots to avoid a greasy or wet feel,” John said. “For look two, we kept the hair more gritty and textured, giving it that summer, sun dried feel. The versatility of the hair is inspired by the ever-changing climate here, it sustains and complements the weather. The collection is beautiful with lots of prints and it just needed that strength and toughness rather than being over styled.”
The hair looks complement a conceptual collection inspired by our national climate and undercutting traditional ideas of resort as a meaningful commentary on environmental concerns.
“The collection is a twisted, surreal and futuristic interpretation of Resort. What will Resort look like in 30 years? We’re looking at the extreme weather and the moments of windswept, dewy, dry and rained on hair,” said designer, Ingrid Verner. “It’s inspired by the austere weather of Australia – it’s harsh and diverse and speaks to the transition of morning to night, the journey between dawn ‘til dusk. We’re bringing beachwear to the nightclub, deflating ideas between swimwear, evening-wear and resort-wear by playing with those tropes of outdated modes of dress.”
Get the looks:
Look 1 – Sun-Stricken:
- STEP 1: Prep the hair with Atonic and Surf Bomb to create volume, drying with a round barrel brush to give lift at the roots.
- STEP 2: Work Style Guru through root to tip, mattifying the hair to add grit and texture.
- STEP 3: Section out face framing pieces to give the hair an air dried, salty finish.
Look 2 – Dewy:
- STEP 1: Prep the hair with Atonic and Surf Bomb to give lift at the roots, drying with a round barrel brush to give some lift at the roots.
- STEP 2: Go in with Frizzy Logic and Style Guru mixed together. Style Guru gives the texture while the Frizzy Logic adds a dewy glossy look.
- STEP 3: Section out key pieces at the front. Work the product to enhance the natural texture of the hair Then section out key pieces at the front to give a windswept, futuristic look.
- STEP 4: Tuck the side pieces behind the ear to enhance the windswept yet structured look.
For more information visit www.originalmineral.com
Catch up with INSTYLE and Styleicons!