Fashion house Wackie Ju took to the final day of Afterpay Australian Fashion Week to show off the Summer Fade collection, with O&M and Becc Snow providing the hair looks.
“The inspiration behind the hair comes from the Y2K era and nostalgic glamour,” Becc said. “Each model’s look is also designed with the emotion and expression they are embodying in mind. The hair for each model is unique to their individual personalities and the characters and persona they are portraying. The show flows through the various emotions from a dream like summer romance, from powerful up-styling, to soft, whimsical textures and overdone down-styling.”
The hair team used the full scope of O&M products, with the Atonic Thickening Spritz, Desert Dy Texture Spray and Original Queenie Firm Hold used as hero tools.
“Desert Dry is a hero product in our Pamela Anderson inspired up-do, used to create that perfectly messy but controlled look,” Becc said. “Queenie is the ultimate backstage necessity used across almost every look, it gives such versatility and ensures everything stays in place when presented down the runway.”
The collection is predicated on the intersectionality of a Queer Trans migrant lens, as created by designer Jackie Wu.
“We convey the embodiment of an immersive utopia by engaging in conversations surrounding postmodernist sociological issues,” Jackie said. “With a touch of Chinese philosophy as its backbone connection, this amplifies the mystical and spiritual language that comes through each design. My debut couture collection takes an optimistic and humorous approach to romanticise the grief and the inevitable deterioration of the capital system.”
Get the Pamela Anderson style look:
- STEP 1: Prep hair with Atonic Thickening Spritz by spraying all throughout the hair and blast drying in.
- STEP 2: Section out any fringe or layering around the face and tie the rest of the hair into a rough high ponytail.
- STEP 3: Curl the ends of the ponytail and front section with your preferred tool (tong or straightening iron) and allow it to set.
- STEP 4: Spray through Desert Dry Texture Spray to the fringe/layers and curled ponytail.
- STEP 5: Fluff out the ponytail with a brush or comb and using 4-6 bobby pins, roughly pin into a loose, messy bun. Finish with Queenie to set everything into place.
For more information visit www.originalmineral.com
Catch up with INSTYLE and Styleicons!