Hairdressing session legend and the Australian Hair Fashion Awards current Australian Hairdresser of the Year Renya Xydis was backstage once again for Wella and Bondi Born, creating refined, contemporary hair looks this year told in elegant, effortless loose buns.
Coining the term “glass bun” in its smooth, straight aesthetic, the hair looks complemented an ethereal show that took place offsite at the Coal Loader Centre, overlooking the harbour and paying homage to Bondi Born’s iconic titular city.
Renya created this hero bun look as well as a natural straight hair look for the runway, with understated elegance as the unifying theme. The show and the hair looks captured the spirit of summer, as a chic editorial iteration of the ideal beach look.
“I’m very excited to be working with Bondi Born again this year,” Renya shared. “This time we are focusing on balancing natural hair, fluid and effortless looks to complement the stunning collection. Look one focused on effortless sophistication, we kept the bun low and loose to the head to mirror the relaxed flow of the collection. Look two focused on smooth straight hair that matched this flow as well.”
“Bondi Born is extremely proud that Renya Xydis and the team from Wella created the hair looks for our fourth show together,” said Dale McCarthy, founder of Bondi Born. “Renya and the Wella team do a superlative job backstage for us every year. Their interpretation of Bondi Born’s contemporary aesthetic through hair styling always lifts the tenor of the show and this year’s concept captures the fresh spirit of summer that is central to our runway at this year’s fashion show.”
It’s been chillier in Sydney in the last couple of weeks, but Bondi Born and Wella brought out the sun and the feeling of summer that this Bondi brand necessitates. Another captivating collaboration.
Get look one:
- STEP ONE: Carefully part the hair in the middle with a tall comb.
- STEP TWO: Create base texture with Wella EIMI Dry Me and loosely tong the hair.
- STEP THREE: Generously spritz with Wella EIMI Mistify Me Strong and loosely bring hair together at the nape, slightly leaning towards the left.
- STEP FOUR: Twist the tail of the hair clockwise folding the tail under itself, then over itself to create an effortless bun.
- STEP FIVE: Gently pinch together and tie off horizontally across the bun with basic black elastic and generously mist with Wella EIMI Mistify Me Strong to keep hold.
For more information visit www.wella.com
Images by Vienna Marie
Catch up with INSTYLE and Styleicons!