With local travel limited and international travel halted altogether, our usual hair shows, events and education sessions, especially from inspirational overseas talent, has dried up. It’s important to look for motivating education and must-learn looks in other places, such as on social media, online courses and… right here.
TONI&GUY international artistic director and head of education, Cos Sakkas, is offering his latest editorial look and a how-to for you to emulate his work. The talented British hairdresser has won London Hairdresser of the Year three times, been nominated for British hairdresser of the year in 2018, 2019 and 2020 and is a member of the Hall of Fame, with a yearly pass as an in-demand stylist at London Fashion Week and a place on stage at major shows, events and seminars worldwide. Simply stated, this is a man people rush to learn from, and we have this bold creative style from him for you to learn from and enjoy.
The headband look is a savvy take on your favourite accessory, tricking the eye with intricate artistry to create the headband style as fully constructed with hair. Other details such as rolls and braids make this a total showstopper, and a new, elegant and innovative style to treat your clients or work into your editorial creations.
With that in mind, get the look below.
- Find the placement of where the headband should be. It needs to sit diagonally back forward through the top of the head, then angle back behind the ears.
- Take a section that is about 1.5” and secure.
- Either side of the headband section take a half-mm section and create a scalp braid which will be the band’s outline.
- Inside the scalp braid flatten and spray the hair and fit it in place with heat and hairspray to give it solidity and shine.
- It’s important to leave a bit of scalp visible on the scalp braids so it looks like the headband is added rather than part of the hair.
- At the front, create a classic roll through the fringe and create a vertical roll through the back.
For more information visit www.toniandguy.com