Global tools pioneer ghd partnered with renowned British fashion designer Victoria Beckham for the seventh straight season, styling the designer’s AW23 show this month.
The hair brand created a look titled the Poised Pony, using the all new ghd duet style technology, and offering the sense of peak luxury we expect from both conglomerates.
“ghd duet style does everything a hairdryer and a straightener does but combines the two together, meaning the time it takes to style the hair is significantly reduced, which for a session stylist is a huge bonus! It helps keep hair healthy at the same time,” shared hair director Anthony Turner. “This season Victoria wanted her woman to ultimately feel effortless but needed a hairstyle that would work well with the proportions of the collection. She spoke about the hairstyle feeling home-made and organic and relatable to the everyday person.”
“The hair look this season feels very fresh and cool,” Victoria added. “I wanted the hair to be neat but still showcase each model’s strength. It really complements the proportions of the collection. ghd is my go-to styling brand, which is why we’ve partnered together for seven seasons so far. I can always rely on ghd to create versatile hair looks to really support and celebrate the collection.”
Get the luxe look below:
- Start with a heat protection spray such as ghd Bodyguard, which is misted onto damp hair, then create a neat centre parting using the ghd Tail Comb.
- Next, work through the hair in section with the new ghd Duet Style, which works on damp hair to dry and style simultaneously for sleek, smooth, shiny hair.
- Once hair is dry distribute two pumps of ghd Sleek Talker all over the hands, so it gets evenly distributed through the hair, and brush the hair back away from the face, using ghd Perfect Ending lightly as you go to smooth out baby hairs. Tie a length of elastic (around 5 inches) around the pony at the nape of the neck securing with a knot.
- Then add a bend to the hair using ghd Unplugged Styler on small sections, holding the hair on the iron very briefly, not to create a curl, but a loose wave.
- Finish with ghd Perfect Ending Hairspray
For more information visit www.ghdhair.com/au
Catch up with INSTYLE and Styleicons!