Bianca Spender unveiled its Autumn 2023 collection and Goldwell extended their long-standing partnership with the fashion house by styling the campaign, with Lead Stylist Jason Fassbender at the helm.
The collection is built around themes of unexpected rebellion, constructed from a base underpinning of utility and functionality that then expands fashion to the street. The collection is comprised of a colour palette of khaki, olive, avocado, putty and black offset with hues of mint, teal and vivid cobalt, all built into a design-led, functional collection meant to evoke a sense of confident nonchalance.
The campaign was fittingly shot on location on the streets of Sydney CBD, featuring two hair looks inspired by ease and function, titled Barely There Waves and Twisted Ponytail.
“Creativity is born on the street, whether it be photographers capturing a decisive moment in time, emerging designers creating out of their garages or observing the way a woman dresses when she is catching a train. The starting point for this collection was delving into street life and finding unexpected moments through design,” shared Bianca Spender, Founder and Creative Director.
“I created two hair looks that were relaxed and functional, almost underdone with a feminine softness,” Jason added. “Nothing too structured, done yet undone. Inspired by the Autumn collection the hair reflects the balance of femininity and toughness.”
Look One – Barely There Waves
- Step 1: Goldwell Stylesign Ultra Volume Soft Volumizer is worked section by section through dry hair and twist blow-dried with a round bristle brush, relaxing each section while still warm to soften the wave.
- Step 2: Each section is set in place with Goldwell Stylesign Perfect Hold Big Finish Volumizing Hairspray.
- Step 3: Once the hair is cooled, random sections are wrapped around a large tong to create additional movement where needed.
- Step 4: Once set, the look is completely relaxed using your fingers and a light coating of Goldwell Stylesign Creative Texture Texturizer is applied to create a next day, lived in finish.
- Step 5: As a final touch spray Goldwell Kerasilk Fixing Effect Hairspray lightly over waves.
Look Two – Twisted Ponytail
- Step 1: Goldwell Stylesign Ultra Volume Glamour Whip is worked section by section through towel dried hair and directionally blow-dried away from the face with a with a Denman brush to create lift and volume.
- Step 2: A horseshoe shaped section is taken from temple to temple over the top of the head. Starting at the front hairline, one inch sections are sprayed with Goldwell Stylesign Creative Texture Dry Boost and back combed at the root, working backward until you reach the crown.
- Step 3: Using your fingers, scrape all the hair back to a low ponytail fixed at the nape and secure with an elastic. Loop the ponytail back onto itself and secure with another elastic leaving the ends loose.
- Step 4: Apply a generous coating of Creative Texture Dry Boost and use fingers to loosen strands in front to the ears to create softness.
For more information visit www.goldwell.com.au
Catch up with INSTYLE and Styleicons!