KMS have styled another editorial offering in the athleisure realm, styling the On & Off Court collection by P.E. Nation X ASICS. With hair direction by Adam Harant of Wildlife Hair Sogo, the collection follows two successful P.E Nation and ASICS collaborations so far, in a tennis inspired capsule editorial.
“The premise for this release is a complete capsule to be worn on and off the court, course, pitch,” shared Pip Edwards and Claire Tregoning, P.E Nation Co-Founders. “We’ve given an urban streetwear spin to the product, enhanced with colour details that clash and pop, to create a highly technical performance collection that takes sport to the city streets. ASICS are at the forefront of innovation: their decades of design evolution have led to the most technical sneakers in the market. For us, this collaboration fits back with the P.E Nation ethos: a technical activewear brand built for the streets. It highlights the synergy between ASICS and P.E, too, in terms of aesthetic approach and sharp focus on sustainability. The end result: a 360-package of function, form, and future sensibility.”
The collection delivers Technical Footwear and Apparel that is described as “built for the court and fit for the street”. The versatile garments are designed for an active urban life, headlined by womenswear, menswear and a limited supply EX89™ MT sneaker.
The collection was photographed in Sydney amidst underground train stations and urban thoroughfares to showcase a fast paced aesthetic and the idea of constant motion. Two hair looks offer organic, edgy style. KMS has proudly partnered with P.E. Nation for over two years, with shared values of street cool functionality paired with high performance products fuelling this partnership.
“KMS has always been about urban style and embracing what makes you unique. We played with the models’ natural texture and curls for a gritty, edgy finish,” Adam said.
Get the looks, via Adam below.
Look for Seb
- Step 1: Seb has naturally curly hair, we wanted to create lived-in texture and drag out some of his natural curl. To begin, I lightly misted his hair with water and worked through in sections KMS Hair Play Messing Cream.
- Step 2: Using my VARIS Hair Dryer and tension from my fingers pulled down his curl to stretch out the curl pattern and create an unwashed grit feeling.
- Step 3: I used KMS Conscious Style Styling Putty at the roots around the ears and through the top to direct the hair away from the face and flatten unwanted volume.
- Step 4: Lastly applied generous amounts of KMS Hair Play Playable Texture to the ends of Seb’s hair and then matted them using the palms of my hands to keeps them flat and slightly dreaded.
Look for Stephanie
- Step 1: For Stephanie we wanted to create a wet dishevelled pushed back hairstyle to resemble post workout hair. I prepped the hair using KMS Hair Play Sea Salt Spray and dragged out her natural wave using my VARIS Hair Dryer and VARIS Paddle Brush, stopping before I had removed all the texture completely.
- Step 2: I then applied KMS Hair Play Hybrid Clay Wax to the roots section by section. This gave the hair enough hold so when I combed through with a wide tooth comb you could see the comb indentations.
- Step 3: Lastly I finished with a very liberal amount of KMS Therma Shape Straightening Creme to saturate the hair and create a wet look without the crunchiness you would get from a gel.
For more information visit www.kmshair.com/en-AU
Catch up with INSTYLE and Styleicons!