A punk rock spirit of rebellion took over Paris for Stella McCartney’s summer show, with hair design by world renowned hair artist Eugene Souleiman for Moroccanoil. The show was inspired by classic rock icons and paid homage to some of the music industry’s most influential figures, with retro shag styles, bouncy hair looks and more. It all took place outdoors under the iconic backdrop of the Eiffel Tower.
“This season will feature a range of hairstyles, from luscious curls to sleek and straight locks. Each look will be carefully crafted to reflect the unique personality of each model, drawing inspiration from legendary rock stars who made a mark in the music industry,” Eugene said.
The hero Moroccanoil Treatment was foundational to the looks, while the brand’s new Frizz Shield Spray, a weightless styling mist that repels humidity to provide long-lasting frizz protection, offered a glass-like shine and a silky, smooth finish.
“Our goal was to challenge conventional beauty standards while embracing natural texture,” said Antonio Corral Calero, Moroccanoil Global Creative Director. “At Moroccanoil, healthy, shiny hair is our priority and this season is all about enhancing the vibrancy of all hair types and ensuring each look is full of life.”
Get the two hero looks – the rebellious shag and natural bouncy hair look – below:
Natural Bouncy Hair:
- Apply a dime-size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment—or Moroccanoil Treatment Light for fine or light-colored hair—from mid-length to ends to provide the perfect foundation for styling.
- Apply 1 pump of Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream to mid-length and ends, then comb through.
- Apply Moroccanoil Frizz Shield Spray, spraying each section generously and evenly, then comb to distribute.
- Using the Moroccanoil Power Performance Ionic Hair Dryer, blow-dry in sections to activate Moroccanoil Frizz Shield Spray and achieve enhanced anti-frizz benefits.
- Comb hair towards the back and divide into two sections. Run fingers through to unlock the shape and enhance the natural bouncy pattern, making it feel airy and full of movement.
- Finish the look by applying one pump of Moroccanoil Mending Infusion to seal split ends.
The Rebellious Shag:
- Apply one pump of Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream globally and comb through.
- Spray Moroccanoil Frizz Shield Spray generously and evenly throughout the hair. Finger-comb to smooth out the roots while maintaining the hair’s natural volume.
- Using the Moroccanoil Power Performance Ionic Hair Dryer, diffuse in sections until hair is fully dry.
- Apply a dime-size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment—or Moroccanoil Treatment Light for fine or light-colored hair—throughout hair to add shine and definition.
- Apply Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium to provide flexible, long-lasting hold.
For more information visit www.thehaircaregroup.com
Photo Credit: Stella McCartney
Catch up with INSTYLE and Styleicons!