Bridal fashion weeks are usually the ideal location to find sleek, glamorous hair – think soft waves, elegant chignons and beautiful up styles. For the Naeem Khan show at Bridal Fashion Week this month, Moroccanoil, and Artistic Director Kevin Hughes, did something a little different.
Walking down the runway with standout bridal fashion was a ‘rockstar bride’ aesthetic, built around the idea of a new, modern girl. This bride is an artist, a couture bride who wants a fresh twist on the wedding day look.
Kevin created the look with the use of Moroccanoil Treatment, Root Boost, Dry Texture Spray and Luminous Hairspray Extra Strong, as well as the brand’s tools such as the Boar Bristle Classic Brush, Ceramic Hair Dryer and Dry Texture Spray in the Professional Series. The ensuing Mohawk look has a unique fresh twist with teased ends for a bold style.
Your unique bridal clients or just fashion-forward guests may want this style when they come into your salon – or you’ll probably want to show off your creative style and wear it yourself. Well done to Moroccanoil for inspiring us in new and dynamic ways at Bridal Fashion Week.
Get the look:
• On damp hair, use two pumps of Moroccanoil Treatment –or Moroccanoil Treatment Light for finer tones—to provide the perfect foundation for styling and comb through the hair.
• Apply Moroccanoil Root Boost and blow dry the hair straight with a Moroccanoil Professional Series Ceramic Hair Dryer and a Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Classic Brush.
• Take a horseshoe shaped section through the top of the hair and clip away. With the remaining hair, create a French twist and secure with bobby pins.
• Release the top section and create multiple knots through the entire horseshoe section to shorten the hair and pin in place at the base.
• Spray the hair with Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray and Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Extra Strong at the root. Tease with a small Moroccanoil Tail Comb to get the hair to stand on end.
• Finish the look with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Extra Strong.
For more information visit moroccanoil.com
Catch up with INSTYLE and Styleicons!