O&M partnered with fashion brand STAX for their Season 2 runway show, held at Sydney’s Hordern Pavilion on August 24. Styling a collection titled SECONDLEFT, Co-Owner and Director of Royals Hair and O&M ambassador, Travis Bandiera, created three Bella Hadid-inspired hair looks for 35 male and female looks, as Hair Director of the show.
“The hair is split into 3 different looks, we have a look for short hair, a slick, glass hair look with a middle part and a more natural, lived in style. The third style is a very streamlined look that is lifted at the roots of the hairline, then smoothed and softened towards the back,” Travis said. “We were going for a Bella Hadid model-off-duty look to complement the runway pieces. Each look was achieved by using O&M, the looks we created are very consumer friendly and easy for anyone to recreate at home.”
The SECONDLEFT collection is comprised of the brand’s activewear, with pieces such as bomber jackets, corsets, leather sets, maxi skirts and distressed loungewear, created by designers Matilda Murray and Don Robertson. O&M hero products such as the Original Queenie Firm Hold Hairspray, Frizzy Logic Shine Spray and Atonic Thickening Spritz, were key in creating looks to finish the runway aesthetic.
Get the three looks below.
Short Hair How-To:
- Spray hair down with water.
- Create deep side part starting on the left recession of the hairline.
- Apply a generous amount of Atonic Thickening Spray and layer it throughout the hair, smoothing the hair down.
- Lock in the style by layering Original Queenie over entire shape, this will also add shine that’s needed for the end result.
- Finish by grabbing a netted diffuser and using high heat and low speed to dry this shape to finish the form.
Glass Hair How-To:
- Start by creating a middle part in the hair and apply Project Sukuori.
- Use a boar bristle brush and blow dry the hair with zero elevation, maintain the parting.
- Once blow-dried, take a flat iron with heat no higher than 180 degrees, ironing the hair as flat and smooth as possible.
- Take two sections from above the ear to the top of the head on either side of the part to create a slick front. These two sections will be fed underneath to the nape of the hairline and tied off into an elastic, this will secure the sections award.
- Finish the look by layering Frizzy Logic Shine Spray paired with Original Queenie for the glass effect on the hair.
Natural, Lived-In Texture How-To:
- Layer hair with Surf Bomb and blast dry product into the hair. This will bring out natural indentations of the hair.
- Smooth out the hairline using a comb or small paddle brush with a blowdryer to remove any unwanted frizz.
- Using a flat iron – move the tool in an S shape down the hair to create indention but not curl. As you reach the ends of the hair, leave the ends straight. As you are working throughout the head, the form of the S shape should be as uniform as possible.
- Add Desert Dry Texture Spray through the roots to the ends, this will create volume and texture.
- Finish with a small amount of W-Spray and brush through with hands to create separation.
For more information visit www.originalmineralpro.com
Catch up with INSTYLE and Styleicons!